It’s that time of year again ladies! Last year we decided to challenge ourselves and you with a month-long geek fashion contest we dubbed #NERDVEMBER. It was such a success that we couldn’t wait to run it again this year, bigger and better than before!
What is #NERDVEMBER?
#NERDVEMBER is a month-long contest we run over on Instagram. Participants are challenged to post a photo of themselves in a geek-themed outfit every single day of November. Outfits can range from something obviously geeky like wearing a Batman shirt or Star Wars leggings, or more vague, like an outfit inspired by a character through the use of a specific color palette. How many days you manage to participate determines the prize tier you are eligible for. One (1) or more winners from each tier will be selected at random using a random number generator.
- Wear a geek-themed outfit
- Full geek ensembles are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED, but at a minimum you must be wearing at least one (1) piece of geek clothing/jewelry/accessory to qualify. If you’re wearing an “inspired by” look, please include a photo of the inspiration in your pic post or at least an explanation of how your outfit is geek themed.
- Post your photo on Instagram
- Photos MUST be new (no tagging old photos!)
- Include the hashtags #nerdvember and #settostunning
- Follow @settostunning on Instagram
We pulled out all the stops this year and, we’re not gonna lie, even impressed ourselves with the sponsors we collected for the return of #NERDVEMBER! We are incredibly excited and honored by their support and involvement this year.
Our sponsors include:
- Guild Jewellery
- Black Milk Clothing
- Espionage Cosmetics
- We Love Fine
- Her Universe
- The Novo Geek
- RockLove Jewelry
and a welcome return of our original sponsor,
- Paul Michael Design
The Prize Tiers
THE SIDEKICK (Prize Tier 1): participates 1-10 days
THE VIGILANTE (Prize Tier 2): participates 11-20 days
THE HERO (Prize Tier 3): participates 21-29 days
THE SUPERHERO (Prize Tier 4): participates all 30 days
The exact prizes being donated from each of our amazing sponsors will be released next week. But trust us, with a sponsor list like that, how can you NOT participate this year?!
So start putting together those outfits, and if you’re in need of some inspiration, be sure to check out our Stunning Styles or our Instagram. And of course, have fun! We can’t wait to see how you rise to the challenge – #NERDVEMBER begins this Saturday, November 1st!