What is #NERDVEMBER?
#NERDVEMBER is a month-long contest we run over on Instagram. Participants are challenged to post a photo of themselves in a geek-themed outfit every single day of November. Outfits can range from something obviously geeky like wearing a Batman shirt or Star Wars leggings, or more vague, like an outfit inspired by a character through the use of a specific color palette. How many days you manage to participate determines the prize tier you are eligible for. One (1) or more winners from each tier will be selected at random using a random number generator.
- Wear a geek-themed outfit (NOT cosplay)
- Full geek ensembles are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED, but at a minimum you must be wearing at least one (1) piece of geek clothing/jewelry/accessory to qualify. If you’re wearing an “inspired by” look (i.e. Disney Bounding or Console to Closet type looks), please include a photo of the inspiration in your pic post or at least an explanation of how your outfit is geek themed.
- Post your photo on Instagram
- Photos MUST be new (no tagging old photos!)
- Include the hashtags #nerdvember and #settostunning
- Follow @settostunning on Instagram
Check out the resources below to help inspire you in coming up with outfits!:
- Guild Jewellery
- Black Milk Clothing
- Espionage Cosmetics
- We Love Fine
- Her Universe
- The Novo Geek
- RockLove Jewelry
- Paul Michael Designs
- Unpossible Cuts
The Prize Tiers
THE SIDEKICK (Prize Tier 1): participates up to 1-10 days total
THE VIGILANTE (Prize Tier 2): participates up to 11-20 days total
THE HERO (Prize Tier 3): participates up to 21-29 days days total
THE SUPERHERO (Prize Tier 4): participates all 30 days