When I saw The Avengers last year, I knew I had to put together a Hulk themed outfit. What can I say? I love a man in green.
Featuring a DIY top, ripped capris, and some fun accessories, this outfit is great for summer. And for smashing some buildings.
Get This Look:
- I specifically looked for a t-shirt that I thought would convert great into a tank top. As an added bonus, the purple in the design happened to match some other items I had that I used for this outfit. I found the perfect tee at Amazon and ordered a larger size so that it would work as a tank. As for how I converted it, here’s the tutorial.
- Since I was putting together a Hulk outfit, I wanted to tie in ripped clothes in somehow. Luckily, distressed jeans is in right now, so I wasn’t difficult to figure out how I would incorporate it. I actually had my capris on hand, but I picked them up from Old Navy. If a capri style isn’t your thing, they also have distressed versions in shorts or pants.
- Or you can always take an old pair of jeans, and distress then yourself using a tutorial like this.
- The shoes were another thing I already had on hand. Even better, the color matched pretty well! If you’re looking for something similar, Old navy carries these ballet flats. As an alternative, you could always rock some sneakers or a pair of purple sandals.
- The accessories are always my favorite part of an outfit. While a little difficult to see in the photos, I was rocking a pair of stud earrings featuring everyone’s favorite radiation symbol.
- In addition to the earrings, I added a few bracelets to the outfit. While the light purple one went perfectly with the outfit, the other bracelet was more of a nude color and didn’t scream Hulk to me. So like many things we do around here, I decided to DIY a bracelet. I pretty much used the technique in this tutorial and used a Hulk comic to decorate with. Once that was done, I added some green rhinestones to bling it up a bit.
Do you have any great outfit ideas you’d love to share? Or maybe some tips? Feel free to share those and any outfits you may have put together with us!
(Photos by Greg De Stefano and corresponding websites)