My love of the Muppets has been strong since I was a kid, and thanks to the most recent movie release, there have been some great items to be released along side. I knew I had to put together an outfit that was both chic and showed my love of the Muppets!
This outfit uses elements that can make it more casual, or allow you to dress it up.
Get This Look:
- The Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem shirt I picked up in Downtown Disney. I loved that it had a vintage look and was on a dolman style top. Junkfood Clothing carries a longer sleeved version on their site.
- The green under tank was actually something that I had come up with. I found a tank that I felt was “Kermit green” and then decided to sew sequins on to replicate his neck frill. I thought this would be a great way to pay homage to one of my favorite Muppets in a subtle way.
- To dress up the outfit, I found taking off the top shirt and adding a black blazer really transformed the look. I picked mine up at Forever 21 since they tend to have a good variety at reasonable prices.
- I had quite a few accessories for this outfit. For the casual look, I found a fedora that was inspired by Fozzie’s own hat. One fun way I thought to update it would be to create a band for the hat using the floral pattern from Fozzie’s scarf.
- When it came to the dressed up look, I knew adding a waist belt to the tank would add visual interest to the outfit and play off the blazer. Once again, Forever 21 came through with a fun, cheap belt.
- I also added a “pearl” necklace to play off of Miss Piggy’s signature look. This was something I already had, but thought would work great for this outfit.
- Wedge sneakers have been one of my favorite fashion trends this year. Not only are they comfortable, but I think they work great for both casual and dressier outfits, especially if you go with black. That’s why I decided to pair them with this outfit. If you’re looking for a pair for yourself, Zappos has a huge selection.
Don’t forget, we’re always on the look out for new ideas for outfits or even what you guys put together! If there’s any recommendations for ways to alter this Look, or any of our Looks, we’d love to hear about it, as well as any styling tips and tricks.
(Photos by Greg De Stefano)