E3 is next week which means lots of new games to check out! Since I’m both in the industry and love playing games, I thought it would be fun to put together an outfit from one of my favorite games, Gears of War.
Today’s outfits merges a little bit of feminine with a lot of fierce. Featuring lacy elements, a custom tee, and a lot of black, this outfit is prime for stomping your enemies, or you know, just wearing around…
Get This Look:
- The shirt was totally a great thrift shop find. I decided that I would transform it from an over-sized shirt into something that was a little more my style. You can check it out in this post.
- My suggestion is to definitely check out the men’s section of thrift stores. Many times you’ll find great shirts that may have been a free giveaway or is just too large. However, that means it’s great for altering! You can also nab shirts at conventions too.
- Since this top features dropped armholes, I just layered over a basic black tank.
- While I’m a fan of a lot of Blackmilk Clothing’s more geeky items, I also have a few items that are a little more versatile and can be incorporated into multiple outfits. That’s definitely the case with the Spartens Lace Leggings. I knew they would be perfect since they play off the lace that is incorporated in the gear on the top. However, since they were black, I knew they they would blend in well while still providing that unique look I was going for.
- The main accessory for this outfit was definitely the Lancer! Ha, just kidding, but how great would a Lancer purse be? The actual accessory which is totally available at Thinkgeek for $2.50 right now (seriously, such a good deal!) is the COG Tag necklace. If you’ve played any of the games, this is a must have fashion item.
- My favorite part about the necklace is the gears have some heft to them. You could even change out the chain for something a little more fashionable. You could go a step further, and maybe add a little blink to the cogs. Although personally, I like them the way they are.
(Photos by Greg De Stefano)